GOSHEN — Goshen police received a report from a woman living in the 1800 block of Westplains Drive at 12:15 a.m. Sunday that she was the victim of battery. A police report was made.
Woman reports domestic battery
A 43-year-old woman living in the 600 block of Stevens Court, Goshen, reported to city police that she was the victim of domestic battery. A felony battery case report was made by police.
Teen struck by truck while walking
According to a sheriff’s department report, an Elkhart teen-ager was struck by a truck whole walking along a road at 6 p.m. Friday. Officers said a 16-year-old boy was walking west on LaRue east of C.R. 3 when he was struck by a black Dodge Ram truck. The driver fled the scene. The victim was taken to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of body pain and abrasions.
• According to a report by the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department, Robert Brenneman, 68, 19779 Bluff Drive, Goshen, reported his home was burglaarized sometime Saturday night. Taken was a 32-inch Magnavox TV set.
• Goshen police received a report from Kelly Johnson, an employee of Steak ‘n Shake, 4025 Elkhart Road, at 4:30 a.m. Sunday that three people left the restaurant without paying their bill.
• According to a sheriff’s department report, Elvira Poblano, 64712 C.R. 21, Goshen reported that someone vandalized her property sometime Saturday. Spray paint and laundry soap were used in the incident.
• According to a sheriff’s report, Mitch Chrisman, 54427 C.R. 27, Bristol, reported that his dining room window was shot out at 7 p.m. Saturday.
• Goshen police reported the arrest of Daniel Lehman, 28, 305 Arbor Court, Goshen, after a traffic stop in the 1100 block of Michigan Avenue at 8:40 p.m. Sunday. The driver was arrested on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and was booked into the county jail.
• According to sheriff’s officers, Jesse Clayton Mays, 18, 22305 Christiana St., Edwardsburg, Mich., was stopped at Ind. 19 and Roseland Road at 2 a.m. Monday for a traffic violation. He was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated. He was booked at the county jail.