By AMY WENGER
THE GOSHEN NEWS
Folks in the Wakarusa community will soon have a rousing remedy for the melancholy and monotony of winter. On Thursday, visitors to Wakarusa Elementary will be treated to a spectrum of talents woven throughout a musical celebration that has become a beloved annual tradition.
The 2013 “Wildcat Weview” will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the school’s gymnasium. There is no charge for admission.
Several students are assisting with stage crew responsibilities, working alongside program coordinator Shawn Skaggs, vocal music teacher at Wakarusa Elementary. Stage crew members include Chloe Hostetler, Elodee Jackson, Allison Nettrouer, Asher Yoder, Maddie Kuhn and Lilyan Kauffman. Trent Edwards will be operating the lights, while Thames Brubacher will be working the curtain.
Three fifth-grade students will be hosting the “Wildcat Weview,” appearing intermittently throughout the show to introduce the acts and provide comedic interludes. The trio of MCs are Kylie Weaver, Taylor Hartman and Emily Coleman. Their humorous routines are inspired by the classic country-themed television show “Hee Haw.”
The final act of the night will be presented by the fourth- and fifth- grade show choir “Younger Generation,” singing and dancing to the song “We Go Together.”
The list of “Wildcat Weview” singers, dancers, instrumentalists, and actors is as follows:
• Prelude — Singing of the National Anthem, by second-grader Aaliyah Bonner and third-graders Ashayla Malone, Fatima Ghaffar and D’ahjahany Ware.
• “Sick” poem recitation, by fifth-graders Madison Payne and Alexis Weldy.
• “Jesus in Disguise” dance routine, by second-graders Kyla Poulson, Lauren Foster, Taryn Nissley and Saige Weldy.
• “Hurt” vocal solo, by fourth-grader Gracie Knepper.
• “Call Me Maybe” dance routine, by first-graders Madelyn Baldridge, Madi Birk and Jenna Householter.
• “Overtime” dance routine, by fourth-graders Mia Reinhardt, Kate Stillson and Alea Minnich.
• “Sixteen Tons” lip-synch skit, by first-grader Collin Martin.
• “Grand Ol’ Flag” vocal solo, by second-grader Jordan Burden.
• “The Climb” vocal duet, by fifth-graders Macey Smith and Ashlyn Branch.
• “Dirty Socks” comedic skit, by fourth-graders Zachary Gonzalez, Niko Lopez, Alex Walker and Noah Fouts.
• “Baby, One More Time” dance routine, by fifth-graders Elle Jansen, Alex Jesse, Morgan Berry and Jessica Kramp.
• “Jesus Bids Us Shine” vocal duet, by first-graders Selah Miller and Lauren Brock.
• “Malaguena” piano solo, by third grader Jenna Markham.
• “All That I Need” vocal duet, by fifth grader Laura Eby and third-grader Heather Eby.
• “Mission Bells” piano solo, by third-grader Ashlyn Hammond.
• “Do-Re-Mi” vocal acapella duet, by first-graders Britton Jesse and Hannah Chupp.
• “Revolution of Dance” choreography routine, by fourth grader Reese Barhydt.
• “Refs” comedic skit, by first-graders Quinten Hunsberger,
• Choregraphy routine, by fourth-grader Zuzu Gaut.
• “Basketball” comedic lip sync routine, by third graders Chase Graber and Hunter Snider.
• “Story of the Pancake Band” musical skit, by fourth grader Sarah Homes.
• “Home” vocal duet and dance routine, by fifth-grader Kiana Piercy and third grader Acadia Clise.
Members of “Younger Generation” include fourth-graders Andrew Bailey, Reese Barhydt, Damon Bentley, Olivia Bley, Jonathon Cripe, Amanda Foster, Ella Gongwer, Andrew Graber, Adrienna Kaser, Sydney King, Gracie Knepper, Kennady Lehman, Claire Lingle, Bridget Marks, Alea Minnich, Krista Poulson, Mia Reinhardt, Keegan Silveus, Mariah Slabaugh and Kate Stillson.
Fifth-grade members are Emily Barrera, Emily Bennett, Morgan Berry, Ashlyn Branch, Kaylee Cripe, Tyler Cronkright, Laura Eby, Karlie Fielstra, Landon Holland, Chase Horner, Quinten Hunsberger and Elle Jansen, Alexzandria Jesse, Jessica Kramp, Veshon Malone, Andrew Miller, Madison Payne, Makenna Perry, Katelyn Rulli, Ariana Runge, Stephen Schmidt, Kirsten Schrock, Macey Smith, Alexis Weldy, Avery Weldy, Tessalyn White and Zachary Yoder.