Elkhart police received a report of a shooting at 11:15 p.m. Monday.
Police were called to 1614 S. Sixth St., and found Jaime Benavidez, 26, who had a non-life-threatening injury.
Police said their only description of the suspect is that he is a black male.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 295-7070.
arrested in Goshen
Goshen police reported the arrest of Lazaro Ramos, 34, Winnebago, Minn., at Sixth Street and Oakridge Avenue at 9:31 a.m. Wednesday. Ramos was cited for false informing and police learned he is a fugitive from Minnesota. He was lodged at the county jail.
Ammunition found near apartment complex
Goshen police reported that a resident found two boxes of ammunition near South Silverwood Lane and Ashley Court Wednesday afternoon. Police collected the ammunition and placed it into evidence to be destroyed.
Passenger hurt in crash
A passenger was hurt in a four-vehicle crash at Ind. 120 and C.R. 17 at 3:09 p.m. Wednesday.
According to a report by sheriff’s officers, Paul Graber, 24, Elkhart, was driving a 1995 Plymouth Voyager north on C.R. 17 and attempted a turn before the van collided with an oncoming 2012 Buick Enclave driven by Marilyn Kelly, 55, Elkhart.
The Buick then spun and struck a 1999 Mitsubishi driven by Katrina Sutton, 24, Howe, and a 1996 Mercury driven by Suzette Eastham, 48, Elkhart.
Diana Sutton, 27, Howe, a passenger in the Mitsubishi, had neck and head pain. She was taken to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment. Damage was listed as heavy.
• Christa Slaven, 37, 466 Brookside Manor, reported to Goshen police that someone stole several items from her parked car between 4 a.m. and 6 p.m. Wednesday.
• Diane Miller, 58198 Jefferson Ridge, Goshen, told Elkhart County police Friday that someone entered her home and took her purse about 1 p.m. that day.
• Elkhart County police received a burglary report Friday evening. Scott Mockler, 47, 59 Timberbook Circle, Bristol, reported that someone broke into his home between 5:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Friday, taking hand tools and change.
• Clara Wagler, 32, 58422 C.R. 43, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police that someone entered her home sometime Saturday or Sunday and took cash and personal checks.
• Goshen police received a report from Christopher Bennett, 20, Goshen, that someone stole his bicycle from Wendy’s, 900 W. Pike St., at 4:25 p.m. Monday. The bicycle was described as a yellow Dyno HKR BMX bike.
• Vernon Bontrager, 54244 C.R. 43, Middlebury, reported to the sheriff’s department Monday that someone burglarized his home on Sunday. Several items were stolen from the home Sunday morning.
• According to a sheriff’s report, Amanda Kocher, 35, 22215 Sunwood Drive, Bristol, reported that the title to her 2001 Chrysler 300 was stolen Monday at her home.
• The sheriff’s department received a theft report from Kelly Jean Chupp, 53442 Pine Drive, Middlebury, on Monday. She said her tan purse, holding various items, was taken from her home between July 7 and 8.
• According to Elkhart County police, Carole Logan, 54110 Eastview Drive, Bristol, reported the theft of two rings from her home between 6 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. Monday.
• Uliya Goncharova, 31, 325 Arbor Court, reported to Goshen police that someone stole the stereo from her car sometime Monday night while it was parked at her home.
• The sheriff’s department received a report from Lisa A. Taylor, 22238 C.R. 45, Goshen, on Wednesday that earlier that day someone attempted to steal a barbeque grill. The grill was moved but not stolen.
• Sheriff’s officers and medics were called to a home at 21098 Rebecca Lane, Bristol, at 2:46 a.m. Saturday when it was reported that a 19-year-old woman was intoxicated. The victim was actually 17 years old, but was not hospitalized. The teen-ager was cited for illegal consumption of alcoholic beverages, along with Nathaniel McCord Jr., 19, Elkhart, who was also charged with underaged drinking.
• Goshen police reported the arrest of Richard Wagner, 53, 24467 C.R. 16, Elkhart, at Martin’s Supermarket, 1527 Bashor Road, at 8:38 p.m. Monday. Wagner was charged with shoplifting, public intoxication and resisting law enforcement. He was booked at the county jail.
• According to a sheriff’s report, Kenneth Miller, 19, was found sleeping in a vehicle at Willowbend Boulevard, south of C.R. 14, at 6;40 a.m. Sunday. Miller was cited for illegal consumption of alcoholic beverages and was released.
• According to a Goshen police report, Brian Albert Schrock, 20, 11950 W. 400 S, Millersburg, was arrested at the Goshen millrace dam at 3:45 a.m. Tuesday and charged with illegal consumption of alcoholic beverages and possession of alcoholic beverages. He was cited and released.
• Goshen police reported the arrest of Penny Ellen Dumars, 26, 313 E. Washinton St., after they were called to a fight at the 800 block of South Eighth Street at 3:26 a.m. Wednesday. Dumars was cited for possession of marijuana after police took her to her home at her request. She was cited and released.
• According to a sheriff’s department report, Diane Miller, 58198 Jefferson Ridge Drive, reported Wednesday that someone damaged the paint on her van in the driveway and moved furniture on her deck sometime the night before.
• Officials at Chamberlain Elementary School, 428 N. Fifth St., reported to Goshen police Wednesday that a roofing contractor working at the school had equipment damaged sometime Tuesday night. The damage was estimated at $500.
• According to a sheriff’s report, Timothy E. Taylor, 40, 412 Turnberry Ave., Bristol, was stopped for a traffic violation at Midway Road, east of Ferndale Road, Goshen, at 210 a.m. Saturday. The driver was later arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and was booked into the county jail.
• Sheriff’s officers arrested Aaron Lambright, 22, 15066 C.R. 22, Goshen, at a business at 56570 C.R. 35. The driver was charged with misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and was booked at the county jail.
• Sheriff’s officers reported stopping a vehicle at C.R. 13 and 45 driven by Roberto Vazquez, 51, 1919 S. Main St., Elkhart, at 12:55 a.m. Sunday. The driver was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated. He was booked into the county jail.
• Goshen police received a report from Jennifer Ankrom, 315 N. Ninth St., Sunday afternoon that someone came onto her porch and broke a wooden arm chair.
• According to a Goshen police report, Richard Moses, 1812 Tony Lane, reported that a window of his vehicle was broken sometime during the night Monday.
• Angela Lamar, 1101 West Ave., reported to Goshen police that someone damaged property at her front porch sometime Tuesday. Photos and a police report were taken of the incident.
• According to a report by the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department, an official with New Paris Elementary School reported on Monday that someone trespassed at the school sometime Sunday night.
Elkhart police received a report of a shooting at 11:15 p.m. Monday.
- Police News
Police: Teen arrested after firing gun in Goshen
A 16-year-old Goshen boy was arrested on multiple charges after allegedly firing a gun along Crescent Street Thursday night.
POLICE NEWS: May 23, 2013
Kosciusko County Drug Task Force officers arrested two individuals in the span of 48 hours on drug-related charges.
ESCD officer runs light, hits car
An Elkhart County police vehicle was involved in a two-vehicle crash Monday in Goshen.
Police news for May 22, 2013
Several people were hurt in recent motor vehicle crashes responded to by local police:
Police News: May 20, 2013
Two Bristol men and a Bristol woman were injured in a two-vehicle collision at 5:52 p.m. Saturday near Elkhart.
- Police News: May 19, 2013
Middlebury police warn of scam
The Middlebury Police Department has received complaints from local residents of a scam that is being done in the area. Residents receive a call from an individual who identifies himself from Publishers Clearing House. He advises the resident that they have won a luxury car and $800,000 in cash.
Two children found in vacant home
Goshen police were called to a vacant residence in the 400 block of North Fifth Street, Goshen, at 8:07 p.m. Wednesday. Officers found a 4-year-old and 3-month-old alone inside the residence.
POLICE NEWS: May 16, 2013
A Goshen resident in the 1500 block of James Place told Goshen police of waking up and finding an unknown person in their residence.
Goshen woman killed in crash
A two-vehicle crash south of Middlebury Wednesday morning killed a Goshen woman.
Dead is Arellano Eustolia, 40.
- More Police News Headlines
- Police: Teen arrested after firing gun in Goshen