Elkhart County police arrested Matthew Greenlee, 17, from Goshen, on a misdemeanor charge of leaving the scene of an injury crash Friday evening.
According to deputies, Greenlee, driving a 1995 Toyota Celica, rear-ended a 2007 Dodge Caravan driven by Cheryl Ramer, Goshen, on U.S. 33, northwest of C.R. 13 and one mile south of the city limits. Greenlee left the scene of the crash, but was later found by county police.
Two passengers in Greenlee’s vehicle were treated at Elkhart General Hospital for injuries.
Bar employee injured during robbery
A Goshen man was injured during a strong-armed robbery that occurred at Double D’s Bar, 827 Lincolnway East, Goshen at 3:08 a.m. Saturday.
According to Goshen police, the victim, a 28-year-old Goshen man, was transported to Goshen Hospital by paramedics for injuries he suffered in the robbery.
An unspecified amount of money was taken.
Loose dog bites child
A runaway pitbull bit a 5-year-old child Friday evening, according to a Goshen police report.
Arleen Cardenas, 20, of Elkhart, reported to Goshen police that her son was bitten by the dog in the area of Sixth and Madison streets.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Megan Ellis of Goshen reported to police that someone slashed her tires Friday evening while her car was parked at 311 S. 10th St., Goshen.
• Ranferi Mederos, 21 of Goshen, was arrested when he was found to be operating a vehicle without a license, according to Goshen police.
After he was arrested and the car was impounded, Goshen police reportedly found a handgun in the purse of a 17-year-old juvenile, also in the vehicle.
Mederos was arrested and transported to the Elkhart County Jail. The juvenile was released to her parents.
• Frederick D. Sturdivant, 18 from Middlebury, was arrested by Middlebury police on Friday while responding to a disturbance call.
Sturdivant and a 15-year-old male were found riding down the street on bicycles. Police reportedly discovered the two under the influence of alcohol. Police said Sturdivant became combative with officers.
He was taken to Elkhart General Hospital to treat injuries sustained in a fight that happened before police arrived. He was combative with both police and hospital staff and was taken to Elkhart County Jail once he was medically cleared, according to the police report.
He was arrested on charges of illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor, public intoxication and disorderly conduct. He is being held with no bond.
The 15-year-old was taken to the Middlebury Police Department and later released to his guardians, according to the report.
• Johnathan Oneal, 28 from Granger, was arrested for operating while intoxicated Friday night.
Oneal was arrested by Goshen City Police near the intersection of Pike and First Streets. Police detected a .15 percent blood alcohol level (BAC) for Oneal.
He was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Christopher L. Thorne, 28, 513 S. Silverwood Lane, Apt. B, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after he was found to be driving left of center and swerving back and forth in his lane, according to a police report.
Thorne was arrested in the 1900 block of West Clinton Street, Goshen, on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a .20 percent BAC.
Thorne was taken to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Denise Bjella, 50, 403 N. Lake St., Syracuse, was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, at 12:49 a.m. Saturday.
Bjella reportedly failed field sobriety tests after she was stopped for a traffic violation. She was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
Man found dead
A 44-year-old man was found dead in the 100 block of West Monroe Street in Goshen at 8:01 a.m. Friday.
According to Goshen police, their officers along with medics and firefighters were called to Monroe Street for a man who was not breathing. Attempts were made to resuscitate him, police reported, however, they were unsuccessful.