The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police:
• A representative of Goodwill Inc., 1905 Lincolnway East, told Goshen police someone damaged the organization’s drive-through donation roof and stole a sign from the building at 8:56 a.m. Thursday.
• Tonya Cook, 44, 204 E. Donald St., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:35 a.m. Thursday at Taco Bell, 701 W. Pike St., after allegedly trying to steal a purse from someone shopping at the Kroger store, 209 Chicago Ave. She was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Goshen police were called to Check into Cash, 4024-4 Elkhart Road, at 3:21 p.m. Thursday in reference to a male attempting to cash a stolen check. The man left prior to police arrival.
• Representatives of the Target store, 3938 Midway Road, called Goshen police at 9:04 p.m. Tuesday to report fraudulent travelers’ checks being cashed at the store.
• An employee of 7-Eleven, 1000 S. Main St., told Goshen police someone stole a carton of cigarettes from the store at 6 p.m. Thursday.
• Douglas Graham, 70270 C.R. 21, New Paris, told Elkhart County police someone made unauthorized purchases on his debit card between 3:30 p.m. Dec. 3 and 3:30 p.m. Dec. 14.
• Elkhart County police received a report from a 19-year-old Bristol male who indicated he was battered by multiple subjects at a mobile home in the Bristol Mobile Village, 53586 C.R. 27, Bristol, at 1:57 a.m. Friday. The victim sustained facial injuries and was transported to the Elkhart General Hospital emergency room for treatment.
- Police News
- Police News: May 19, 2013
Middlebury police warn of scam
The Middlebury Police Department has received complaints from local residents of a scam that is being done in the area. Residents receive a call from an individual who identifies himself from Publishers Clearing House. He advises the resident that they have won a luxury car and $800,000 in cash.
Two children found in vacant home
Goshen police were called to a vacant residence in the 400 block of North Fifth Street, Goshen, at 8:07 p.m. Wednesday. Officers found a 4-year-old and 3-month-old alone inside the residence.
POLICE NEWS: May 16, 2013
A Goshen resident in the 1500 block of James Place told Goshen police of waking up and finding an unknown person in their residence.
Goshen woman killed in crash
A two-vehicle crash south of Middlebury Wednesday morning killed a Goshen woman.
Dead is Arellano Eustolia, 40.
Man gets 90 years for child molesting
GOSHEN — A Goshen man was sentenced Thursday to 90 years in prison on Class A felony counts of child molesting.
Police news for May 13
A Goshen teenager was seriously injured Saturday afternoon when a tree branch fell on him.
Police news for May 12
A Goshen man reported the theft of his cats to city police Saturday.
POLICE NEWS: May 11, 2013
Truman Mullett found a rifle in the woods at Bonneyville Mill, 53373 C.R. 131, Middlebury at 7:30 p.m. May 4 and turned it in to Middlebury police, who secured the rifle until Elkhart County police picked it up.
POLICE NEWS: May 10, 2013
Two separate reports of bicycle thefts were recently reported.
- More Police News Headlines