A STAFF REPORT
THE GOSHEN NEWS
The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police:
• A representative of Goodwill Inc., 1905 Lincolnway East, told Goshen police someone damaged the organization’s drive-through donation roof and stole a sign from the building at 8:56 a.m. Thursday.
• Tonya Cook, 44, 204 E. Donald St., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:35 a.m. Thursday at Taco Bell, 701 W. Pike St., after allegedly trying to steal a purse from someone shopping at the Kroger store, 209 Chicago Ave. She was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Goshen police were called to Check into Cash, 4024-4 Elkhart Road, at 3:21 p.m. Thursday in reference to a male attempting to cash a stolen check. The man left prior to police arrival.
• Representatives of the Target store, 3938 Midway Road, called Goshen police at 9:04 p.m. Tuesday to report fraudulent travelers’ checks being cashed at the store.
• An employee of 7-Eleven, 1000 S. Main St., told Goshen police someone stole a carton of cigarettes from the store at 6 p.m. Thursday.
• Douglas Graham, 70270 C.R. 21, New Paris, told Elkhart County police someone made unauthorized purchases on his debit card between 3:30 p.m. Dec. 3 and 3:30 p.m. Dec. 14.
• Elkhart County police received a report from a 19-year-old Bristol male who indicated he was battered by multiple subjects at a mobile home in the Bristol Mobile Village, 53586 C.R. 27, Bristol, at 1:57 a.m. Friday. The victim sustained facial injuries and was transported to the Elkhart General Hospital emergency room for treatment.