Elkhart woman injured in C.R. 17 crash
A driver was injured in a single-vehicle crash after she lost control of her vehicle and it rolled over on C.R. 17, south of Shirley Drive in Goshen at 2:46 p.m. Wednesday.
According to Elkhart County police, the 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander of Catrina Hedges, 26, Elkhart, slid on ice while northbound on C.R. 17. It crossed the southbound lane and went into a ditch, causing the vehicle to roll. Hedges was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for facial lacerations and complaint of pain. No citations were issued at the scene.
• Ronald Shoemaker, 22729 C.R. 28, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone forcibly entered his residence between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Wednesday and stole electronics, currency and a safe.
• Salvador Muro, 914 Lucerne Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone burglarized his home while he was at work at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• Goshen police arrested Emily Weade, 26, of Granger, on a charge of theft for reportedly not paying for merchandise at Kohl’s Department Store, 3802 Midway Road, Goshen, at 3:56 p.m. Wednesday. Weade was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Cheryl Yoder, 504 Middlebury St., Goshen, told Goshen police she was a victim of theft at 5 p.m. Jan. 17.
• A 22-year-old Millersburg man was arrested on a charge of battery causing serious bodily injury Wednesday evening.
Arrested was Devin Jordan, 22, 114 W. Washington St., Millersburg.
Jordan is accused of battering a male relative, causing a laceration to the man’s lip, lost teeth and a jaw injury at 6:15 p.m.
Jordan was arrested on a Class C felony charge of battery and was taken to the Elkhart County Jail. Bond was set at $5,000.
• Goshen police arrested Sheila Moore, 41, 429 S. Silverwood Lane Apt. 8, Goshen, on a charge of battery resulting in bodily injury, a Class A misdemeanor, after officers were called to the residence for a domestic argument at 11:54 p.m. Wednesday.
She was taken to the Elkhart County Jail. Bond was set at $1,500.
School officials report threats made
• Concord High School officials told Elkhart County police Tuesday two students received a threatening message from a boy — also a student — between 8:10 and 8:15 a.m. Saturday. The boy was suspended from the school and the incident is under investigation by the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department.