Police arrest Milford man on federal warrant
Juan Palmer Olivo, 35, W. Fourth St., Milford, was arrested Wednesday by Milford and Syracuse police on a federal warrant at his place of employment in Elkhart County.
Olivo was indicted Nov. 28, in federal court on two counts of distribution of heroin and one count of attempt to distribute heroin.
An initial appearance was held Thursday with a motion by the government to detain Olivo until further proceedings.
• Daniel Boots, 18962 C.R. 14, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone forced entry through a door to his residence and stole electronics at 6:50 p.m. Tuesday.
• An employee at 7-Eleven, 1000 S. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police two males came into the store and stole a donation jar for Big Brothers and Big Sisters filled with about $100 at 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Goshen officers were flagged down in the 200 block of South Third Street, Goshen, regarding an attempted theft from a vehicle at 9:53 a.m. Wednesday. Juveniles were located in the area who matched the descriptions of the accused.
• Michael A. Whitaker of Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his mo-ped from the parking lot of Chalet Party Shoppe, 245 Chicago Ave., Goshen, around 6 p.m. Jan. 26.
• The owner of Fiedeke Vinyl Coverings, 811 Eisenhower North Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police BMX motorcycle riders and other unknown people have been trespassing on the property around 9 a.m. Wednesday. The trespassers have removed “No Trespassing” signs in the past and recently threw broken glass and nails in the business parking lot.
• An anonymous caller told Goshen police several cow were loose in the 600 block of North Main Street, Goshen, at 5:15 a.m. Wednesday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
Lloyd Caskey, 18388 Sheffield Lane, Bristol, and Nancy Irelan, 18379 Sheffield Lane, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone damaged the mailboxes at their residences between 5 p.m. Monday and 8 a.m. Tuesday.