Concord pupil makes threats
Elkhart County police received a report from a Concord Intermediate School employee that an 11-year-old student was violent toward students and staff.
The student spat at staff members and threatened to kill several people Wednesday afternoon, according to the police report. The student was suspended from the school.
• Goshen police were called to a home along West Wilden Avenue at 7:35 p.m. Thursday when someone reportedly refused to leave. Police later located William Archer, 37, 620 S. Walnut St., Bloomington, at Oakridge Avenue and First Street and arrested him on a charges of public intoxication. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Elkhart police reported the arrest of three people after they served a warrant at a home on York Street Thursday afternoon.
Police said the Elkhart Drug Unit served a search warrant at 1900 York St. at 3:55 p.m. Thursday and arrested Earl Giles, 51, 1900 York, Michael Laroux, 38, 1823 Roys Ave., and Lisa Paglia, 37, 1823 Roys Ave. All three were arrested on charges of possession of methamphetamine and maintaining a common nuisance, both Class D felonies. They were incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Goshen police were called to 4202 Elkhart Road at 4:07 p.m. Thursday and arrested Brian K. Syson, 51, 19492 Brick Road, South Bend, on a charge of forgery. He was accused of trying to cash a check that he knew to be fake. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
The following motorists were arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Kelly Willits, 59, 1702 Greenwood Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop at Wilden Avenue and C.R. 17 at 11:26 p.m. Thursday.
• Bradley Harrison Yeater, 34, 58238 Grant Court, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop at C.R. 109 south of C.R. 102 at 12
Concord pupil makes threats
- Police News
Police News: May 20, 2013
Two Bristol men and a Bristol woman were injured in a two-vehicle collision at 5:52 p.m. Saturday near Elkhart.
- Police News: May 19, 2013
Middlebury police warn of scam
The Middlebury Police Department has received complaints from local residents of a scam that is being done in the area. Residents receive a call from an individual who identifies himself from Publishers Clearing House. He advises the resident that they have won a luxury car and $800,000 in cash.
Two children found in vacant home
Goshen police were called to a vacant residence in the 400 block of North Fifth Street, Goshen, at 8:07 p.m. Wednesday. Officers found a 4-year-old and 3-month-old alone inside the residence.
POLICE NEWS: May 16, 2013
A Goshen resident in the 1500 block of James Place told Goshen police of waking up and finding an unknown person in their residence.
Goshen woman killed in crash
A two-vehicle crash south of Middlebury Wednesday morning killed a Goshen woman.
Dead is Arellano Eustolia, 40.
Man gets 90 years for child molesting
GOSHEN — A Goshen man was sentenced Thursday to 90 years in prison on Class A felony counts of child molesting.
Police news for May 13
A Goshen teenager was seriously injured Saturday afternoon when a tree branch fell on him.
Police news for May 12
A Goshen man reported the theft of his cats to city police Saturday.
POLICE NEWS: May 11, 2013
Truman Mullett found a rifle in the woods at Bonneyville Mill, 53373 C.R. 131, Middlebury at 7:30 p.m. May 4 and turned it in to Middlebury police, who secured the rifle until Elkhart County police picked it up.
- More Police News Headlines
- Police News: May 20, 2013