A Syracuse man is in custody after Kosciusko County officers arrested him Wednesday with more than $50,000 worth of stolen items.
Sheriff’s officers were asked Wednesday afternoon to assist an Indiana Department of Corrections officers on a home inspection of a possible parole violator. During an interview, officers reportedly located a large amount of marijuana at 8772 E. Koher Road, Syracuse.
Officers obtained a search warrant and then reportedly found many stolen items, including five stolen firearms, two safes and lock boxes, multiple electronics, various prescription medications, jewelry, coins and artifacts.
Police arrested Ronald Charles Bohn, 57, Syracuse, on charges of theft, possession of stolen property and possession of marijuana. Detectives said the items recovered correlated to various daytime burglaries that were committee in the past several months in the northern lakes area of Kosciusko County. Bohn was held initially without bond.
• Goshen police received a report from Mariano Salazar, 41, 1503 West Ave., on Wednesday that someone attempted a break-in at his home that day.
• According to an Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department report, Dawn Roberts, owner of Healthcare Safety Systems, reported that an employee of her firm took more than $160,000 between May, 2007, and January, 2012. The incident is under investigation.
• Sheriff’s officers received a report from Eldin Lovely Jr., 50, 29484 C.R. 12, Elkhart, that someone stole a Craftsman riding mower, Hammerhead go-kart, Yardmaster wood splitter and an assembled trailer sometime between April 10 and 17.
• According to Goshen police, Jorge Mendoza, 31, 65527 Canal Drive, Goshen, was stopped at Lincolnway East and College Avenue at 9:30 p.m. Wednesday. He was cited for driving while never obtaining a license and was released.
• Goshen police reported the arrest of Jason Costello, 519 S. Silverwood Lane, after a traffic stop in the 100 block of South Silverwood at 11 p.m. Wednesday. The driver was cited for driving while his license is suspended and was released.
• According to Goshen police, Katelinn Yoder, 19, 57778 Ind. 15, Goshen, was arrested on a charge of driving while never receiving a license, after a traffic stop at the 1000 block of South Main Street at 11:06 p.m. Wednesday.
• Goshen police reported the arrest of Jami Merriman, 41, 1807 Roc Lane, Goshen, after a traffic stop at Elkhart Road and Riverside Boulevard at 7:34 p.m. Wednesday. The driver was cited for driving while license is suspended and was released.
• Goshen police arrested Jasmine Y. Rodriguez, 21, 108 1/2 S. Seventh St., after a traffic stop in the 100 block of East Lincoln Avenue at 6:22 p.m. Wednesday. She was cited for driving while never receiving a license and was released.