An Osceola woman was injured when she was working on her car and a 12-year-old accidently put the car in gear.
Elkhart County police reported Billie Jo Mow, 40, was on Notre Dame east of Dartmouth at 2:08 p.m. Wednesday in front of 2005 Dodge Neon connecting wires to start the car and asked Jacob Mow, 12, to turn the ignition key. The boy accidently put the car in gear and it jumped forward and struck Billie Jo Mow.
She was taken to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of lacerations to her right leg and bruises to her feet, knees and head.
Drug arrest made
Elkhart County police reported the arrest of Jeremy A. Huff, 38, Osceola, on a charge of possession of marijuana. The arrest occurred Tuesday at 5 p.m. after Huff was found walking through yards near 54152 Ash Road asking for help. He was booked at the Elkhart County Jail.
Man escapes police
Elkhart County police are looking for Kentorie Chavis, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, after he fled police custody at 9:20 p.m. Monday.
Police report an officer went to the home to administer Shafer an alcohol breath test as part of his probation and that the test was positive. The officer allowed Chavis to go to a neighbor’s home to leave a message for a relative before taking him into custody and, police reported, Chavis did not return. Police are considering Chavis as an escapee.
• Linda Sorg reported to Goshen police that someone stole a bicycle from her home at 817 S. Seventh St. sometime during Tuesday night.
• Bruce McDonald reported to Goshen police that someone stole an aluminum rack from his business at 2418 Diedorff Road sometime overnight Tuesday.
• Dawn Nordman reported to Elkhart County police that someone entered her work vehicle while it was parked at 4230 Elkhart Road and stole $15 in change. The theft occurred overnight Monday.
• Miriam Stauffer, Goshen, reported to Elkhart County police that she and her husband were defrauded out of funds they sent to Mexico for fees for the purported sale of their time share residence. The fraud occurred from June 16 to July 27.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Benjamin Cantu, 611 S. Eighth St., reported to Goshen police Wednesday that someone damaged his Chevrolet Venture van overnight Tuesday. Police did not report what type of damage occurred.
• Paul Bickel, 500 E. Purl St., reported to Goshen police that someone punctured a tire on his vehicle sometime during the night Wednesday.
• Marlin Bontrager reported to Elkhart County police Tuesday that a screen window on his house at 802 S. Hawthorne St., Bristol, had been cut by someone.
• Amber Sells, 24, 1118 S. Main St., Goshen, was arrested Wednesday at 4:57 p.m. at Pike and Huron streets by Goshen police on a charge of driving while her license was suspened. She was released on a promise to appear in Goshen City Court.
• Daniel E. Erickson, 49, 55792 Byrd Road, Osceola, was arrested by Elkhart County police at U.S. 33 near C.R. 113 in Elkhart at 4:29 a.m. Wednesday. Erickson was arrested on charges of possession of stolen property, a motorcylce, and operating a vehicle as a habitual traffic violator for life.
Laura Humes, 38, 21727 C.R. 18, Goshen, was arrested at 12:25 a.m. Wednesday on a charge of possession of marijuana at her home. Elkhart County police had been called there on a report of a disturbance.
• Elkhart County police reported they arrested James M. Skiles, 47, 18243 Scorborough, Goshen, at 11:43 Tuesday on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance. The arrest occurred along Ind. 15 south of C.R. 20.
• Napolean Allard, 42, 213 Pottowatami St., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 1:49 p.m. Wednesday on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
Police reported Allard was driving a mo-ped southwest on Ind. 119 and attempted to turn north onto C.R. 17 and the mo-ped left the road and crashed into a fence.
Allard was treated for lacerations at IU Health Goshen and then released before his arrest.