THE GOSHEN NEWS
Syracuse firefighters were dispatched to a house fire at 605 E. Northshore Drive at 2:03 p.m. Saturday, according to a news release from Capt. Brian Richcreek.
Upon arrival, firefighters found a fire in the basement. Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control with most of the damage confined to that area. The home sustained heat and smoke damage on the first floor.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Syracuse firefighters received mutual aid for manpower from Benton Township Fire Department.
Man arrested on warrants, resisting arrest charge
Travis Jackson, 33, 52012 C.R. 11, Elkhart, was arrested at 52680 C.R. 11 on two Elkhart County warrants, a Goshen city warrant and a charge of resisting law enforcement around 3:40 p.m. Saturday, according to Elkhart County police.
• A Norfolk Southern employee told Goshen police a train window was damaged by what he thought was a gunshot near Lincoln Avenue and Ninth Street around 5:42 p.m. Monday.
• A staffer at Eby Ford, 2714 Elkhart Road, Goshen, told city police someone damaged a truck Monday.
The following people were arrested on charges of domestic battery in the presence of a child:
• Jeremiah Chapman, 31, 60390 Fenmore Ave., Goshen, was arrested at 60364 Fenmore Ave. around 8:02 p.m. Saturday, according to the Elkhart County police.
• Victor Sandoval, 21, 290 Roxbury Park, Goshen, was arrested around 5:14 p.m. Sunday, according to Goshen police.
• Gloriabelle Johnson, Goshen, reported that her green purse was stolen from Maple Leaf Commons, 2906 Elkhart Road, Friday, according to Goshen police.
• Goshen police were called to Memories of China, 610 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, Sunday in reference to a theft from the business.
• Florence Howard, Goshen, said her Dodge Neon was stolen from her property at 60397 Fenmore Ave. sometime between 6 and 8 p.m. Saturday, according to Elkhart County police. The vehicle was later located in Goshen after it was involved in a hit-and-run collision on Elkhart Road.
• Kenneth Mullins, 1804 Westplains Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole medications from him Monday.
• Stanley King, 1448 Hampton Circle, Goshen, reported to Goshen police someone entered his residence and stole $150 Monday.
• Marty Clawson, 818 S. 12th St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered his residence and removed items Monday.
• Randy Miller, 601 S. Seventh St., Goshen, called city police to the Goshen Public Library, 601 S. Fifth St., in reference to a theft of his bicycle at approximately 5:30 p.m. Monday.
• Joshua Miller, 521 S. Third St., Goshen, reported the unauthorized use of his debit card to Goshen police Monday.
• Six underage people were cited after a party was discovered by the Elkhart County Sheriff Teen Alcohol Reduction team.
The STAR team arrived at 1613 S. Main St., Goshen, around 12:34 a.m. Sunday Elizabeth Woodworth, 19, Michael Darby, 20, Joseph Gunden, 20, Tessa Wray, 18, Dmitriy Yegorov, 20, and Vannessa Sanchez, 18, were cited and released on charges of illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage, according to Elkhart County police.
• Steven Whitham, 20, 120 S. Silverwood Lane, Apt. B, Goshen was arrested by Goshen police near Cottage and Plymouth avenues on a charge of possession of marijuana at 5:42 p.m. Monday. He was released on a memorandum to appear in city court.
The following drivers were arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Jason L . Boley, 45, 66277 Prairie View Drive, Goshen, was arrested after he was pulled over for a traffic violation near Ind. 15 and C.R. 46 around 1:26 a.m. Sunday, according to Elkhart County police.
• Joshua Vannoster, 21, 601 S. Jackson St., Nappanee, was arrested after he was pulled over on C.R. 17, south of C.R. 14, in Elkhart around 2:48 a.m. Sunday, according to Elkhart County police.
• Marcela Flores-Gutierrez, 34, 508 Middlebury St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop at 5:49 p.m. Monday.