Woman hurt in four-vehicle crash
A four-vehicle crash on Ind. 15 near Woodstock Lane left one woman injured Thursday morning.
Elkhart County police said A 1999 Chrysler Cirrus driven by Grant Flora, 22, Goshen, rear-ended a 2008 Dodge Avenger driven by Amber Fredrychowski, 30, Goshen, while heading south on Ind. 15. Fredrychowski’s vehicle entered oncoming northbound traffic, colliding with a 2005 Dodge Ram driven by April Knepple, 36, Jones, Mich.
Flora’s vehicle continued southbound after colliding with Fredrychowski’s vehicle, police reported, rear-ending a 1999 Nissan Maxima driven by Kathryn Colglazier, 17, Goshen.
Knepple was transported to Goshen General Hospital for bruising to her left wrist.
Two injured in
Two people were hurt in recent crashes responded to by Goshen police:
• A bicycle ridden by Cris Gomez Mora, 15, Goshen, and a 1997 Pontiac Grand Am driven by Michelle Bates, 35, Goshen, collided around 3:30 p.m. Monday in the 700 block of West Lincoln Avenue.
Mora landed on the hood of the car, according to police. The teen suffered right leg pain and was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital.
• A mo-ped rider was hurt in a two-vehicle crash Thursday at 3:15 p.m. at Lincoln Avenue and Ninth Street.
A 1994 Honda mo-ped operated by Bryn M. Jones, 29, Elkhart, collided with a 1997 Ford Explorer driven by Constance Boger, 41, Goshen.
Jones fell off the mo-ped and scraped his arm on the pavement as a result of the crash, police reported.
A Goshen woman told Goshen police that her son was stopped Thursday by a man who claimed to be a police officer.
The incident occurred around 6 p.m. The woman said her son was walking in the 400 block of New Street. He and his friends were stopped and searched by the male, who made rude comments, according to the police report.
Police release name
of deceased woman
Police released the name of a woman found dead in her home Thursday.
Gabriela Avila-Claros, 36, was found by Baugo Paramedics and Elkhart County police when they responded to a call at 29118 Norman Court, Elkhart, Thursday around 2:48 p.m.
The investigation is ongoing, according to police.
• Michael Wilson, Goshen, told Goshen police his bicycle was stolen while he was at work at 1100 Eisenhower Drive South around 10:52 a.m. Thursday.
• John Neace, Goshen, told Goshen police a man threw a bottle through his window in an attempt to get inside his North Ninth Street house around 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
• John Looney Jr. reported a truck bed liner, refrigerator, copper water lines and electrical wire stolen from his property at 806 S. Third St. around 4:35 p.m. Thursday, according to Goshen police.
• Robin Smith, Goshen, reported her radio and six bags of pop cans stolen from her van while parked in her driveway at 313 North Eighth St. Thursday night, according to Goshen police.
• Seth D. Carpenter, 27, 1000 W. Mishawaka Road, Elkhart, was arrested on a theft charge after he was found shoplifting from Wal-Mart on Elkhart Road around 7:54 p.m. Thursday, according to Goshen police. Police said the value of the items Carpenter tried to steal is $8,912.88.
• Jason South, Elkhart, reported that someone broke the rear window of his vehicle and took items from it while was parked at 58789 Ox Bow Drive between 9 p.m. Aug. 8 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 9, Elkhart County police reported.
• Michael Posthuma, Bristol, reported that someone stole items from his vehicle while it was located on vacant property near 54163 Laguna Drive, Bristol, between Aug. 3 around 4 p.m. and Aug. 5 around 8:26 p.m., according to Elkhart County police.
• Pastor James Hochstetler from the Family Worship Center reported graffiti damage to the church around 9 a.m. Sunday, according to Goshen police.
• Goshen police located obscene graffiti on the roadway in the area of Regent Street and Weymouth Avenue around 7:52 p.m. Thursday.
• Gidget Dailey, Goshen, reported that her 2004 Pontiac Grand Am was struck by a cucumber on Lincoln Avenue at Seventh Street around 10:30 p.m., according to Goshen police.
• Someone broke the front door window of Kropf Industries, located at 58647 Ind. 15, Goshen, sometime between noon on Aug. 10 and 6 a.m. on Aug. 11, according to Elkhart County police.