A Goshen man was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated following a crash Tuesday evening.
According to the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department, Shawn Smallwood, 33, 118 W. Jackson St., crashed his vehicle while on C.R. 18, west of C.R. 29 at 5:18 p.m. He was taken to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment for his injuries, then transported to Elkhart County Jail.
• Charity Wernlund, Goshen, reported the theft of cash and her purse from inside her car while it was parked in front of 419 N. Eighth St., overnight Monday.
• A single-speed bicycle belonging to Brock Kaiser, 1822 Bashor Road, Goshen, was stolen Monday night.
• A license plate was stolen from a vehicle belonging to Dylan L. Wengerd, while in front of his 17621 C.R. 18 home sometime last week.
• Two credit cards, a knife, a large quantity of jewelry and some change were all reportedly taken from the residence of Michelle Gavarrete, 54175 Highland Blvd., Elkhart, Monday between 7:40 a.m. and 7:35 p.m.
• Jennifer Robertson, Bristol, reported someone using her Visa debit card to make a purchase in New York state late Friday evening.
• Andrea M. Kerr, Bristol, reported to police that someone used her credit card number to make a purchase for $207.69 at a Walgreens in Cicero, Ill., on July 29.
• Adam Stults, 58260 Sommerset Blvd., Goshen, was arrested in Hardings Market in Bristol late Saturday night by Elkhart County police. Police reported Stults reportedly attempted to steal prescription medication. Stults was arrested on a charge of burglary.
• Marlin Nisley reported a burglary at 63727 E. County Line Road Sunday around 1:21 p.m. Nisley reported that someone stole a safe that contained identification and cash sometime between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. that day, according to police. The thief entered by breaking a door window.
• Elizabeth Phillips, 16239 C.R. 4, reported that items were taken from her residence and unattached barn Sunday. According to police, Phillips said the theft occurred between 11:30 a.m. July 31 and 4 p.m. Wednesday.
• Randy Kopsick, 52519 C.R. 35, reported a license plate was stolen off of one of his vehicles. The incident occurred between Friday and Saturday, according to Elkhart County police.
• Phillip Witte, 19, 109 Prospect Street, Apt. C, Goshen, was arrested in the 200 block of North Cottage Avenue on a charge of driving while his license was suspended with a prior conviction.
According to Goshen police, Witte was taken to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Dakota T. Miller, 21, 55664 Ind. 15 in Bristol, was arrested after he was stopped for a traffic violation on U.S. 20, west of C.R. 23 early Saturday morning. Miller was found to have a valid warrant and had a suspended license, according to Elkhart County police. He was arrested.
• Jose Rosete-Lopez, 23, Elkhart, was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle without receiving a valid driver’s license in the 200 block of West Pike Street in Goshen Wednesday at 5:38 a.m. He was released at the scene.
• Claudia L. Cortez, 37, 245 Timberbrook Circle, Bristol, was arrested at the intersection of C.R. 13 and Spring River Drive in Elkhart on charges of never receiving a driver’s license and false informing Tuesday at 10:21 a.m. She was incarcerated at Elkhart County Jail.
• A Wakarusa teen was arrested late Monday night in Elkhart on several drug-related charges.
According to the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department, Ross Priest, 18, 305 E. Harrison St., was stopped for a traffic violation on C.R. 26 near Circle R Lane, at which point he was arrested on charges of possession of stolen property, possession of methamphetamine precursors and manufacturing methamphetamine. He was incarcerated at Elkhart County Jail.
• Joseph A. Kenawell, 35, 11 Brookside Manor, Goshen, was arrested a the intersection of Donald Street and Lynwood Drive on charges of driving with a suspended license and possession of marijuana Tuesday at 6:09 p.m. He was incarcerated at Elkhart County Jail.
• Joshua Rogers, 18, was arrested on C.R. 6, west of C.R. 15 in Elkhart on a charge of possession of marijuana Tuesday at 2:46 a.m. He was cited and released at the scene.
• Trevor Zollinger, 26, 53019 Trenton Lane, Bristol, was arrested at his residence Tuesday at 11:01 p.m. on charges of domestic battery in the presence of a child and interfering with the reporting of a crime. He was incarcerated at Elkhart County Jail.
• Rita Colon, 2932 Elkhart Road in Goshen, reported her vehicle was damaged while it was parked in her apartment complex’s parking lot sometime between Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon, according to Elkhart County police.
• Gabriella Calabrese, Middlebury, reported to Elkhart County police that someone keyed her right-side passenger door of her Nissan Versa in the Northridge High School parking lot sometime between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Thursday.