Two arrested on battery charges
Goshen police arrested the following people on battery-related charges this past weekend:
• Jose Tapia, 37, 17462 Shamrock Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of domestic battery and interfering with the reporting of a crime. Tapia was arrested after an incident late Saturday in the area of 13th and Reynolds streets, according to a police report.
• Thomas Yoder, 49, 911 Niki Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police early Sunday on charges of battery and intimidation. Yoder was arrested after police were called to 1397 Chicago Ave.
• Goshen police were called to the 400 block of West Plymouth avenue shortly after midnight Saturday regarding a vehicle on the bike path. They found a vehicle that had crashed into the foot bridge. Police said they later found the driver, a 17-year-old male, who registered 0.13 percent breath-alcohol content. Police said the boy was processed and released to his parents.
• Goshen police said a 16-year-old Goshen boy was found to have consumed alcohol in the 500 block of Franklin Street Saturday night. The boy was arrested and transported to the Juvenile Detention Center on charges of violating probation and illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage.
• Paul D. Johnson, 33, 109 E. Baltimore St. Apt. 2, Syracuse, was arrested at Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Friday on charges of possession of methamphetamine and theft. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Shaui Yuan, 621 N. Third St., told Goshen police someone entered his apartment Saturday and stole his Lenovo laptop ThinkPad.
• Carlos Arce of Goshen reported a theft from his vehicle to Goshen police Saturday. The theft occurred while the vehicle was parked at 253 Remington Lane.
A Goshen female told city police she thought a male was following her throughout Krogers, 209 Chicago Ave., while she was shopping Saturday. She said the same individual waited for her in the parking lot. Police said the male left the area before officers arrived.
• Dennis A. Staner, 26, 308 S. Third St., Pierceton, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop shortly before midnight Friday in the 1000 block of West Pike Street. Police said Staner was driving while being a habitual traffic violator who’s driving privileges were suspended. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Felix Garcia, 30, 325 Arbor Court Apt. 5, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 2:18 a.m. Saturday in the area of Elkhart Road and Sunset Boulevard. Police said Garcia was driving while being a habitual traffic violator. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Two arrested on battery charges
- Police News
Millersburg man airlifted from crash scene this morning
A 26-year-old Millersburg man was airlifted to Memorial Hospital of South Bend after he was struck by a car early this morning.
Collisions injure several motorists
Several vehicle collisions have been investigated by Goshen-area police agencies in the past few days. These incidents include:
Bristol man hurt in one-vehicle crash
A Bristol man was injured in a one-vehicle crash at 12:26 p.m. Sunday near Bristol
POLICE NEWS: June 16, 2013
Several thefts were reported in the area recently.
POLICE NEWS: June 15, 2013
Rebecca Weirick, 20014 C.R. 21, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a person in a black car had crashed into landscaping on the side of her house with a vehicle and fled the scene at 6:22 p.m.
Several arrested after meth lab found in Shipshewana
LaGrange County police arrested four people Thursday at 6 a.m. at 10650 W. 555 North near Shipshewana. Officers were investigating a shoplifting complaint and the suspect lived at the address.
Man allegedly sets house fire to go back to prison
A Warsaw man is behind bars after allegedly setting his parents residence on fire at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Man jailed for falsely accusing cop of murder
A Kosciusko County man is currently behind bard after falsely accusing a North Webster police officer of committing murder.
POLICE NEWS: Elkhart police blow up possible bomb near Goshen
The Elkhart City bomb squad used a robot to dispose of a possible explosive device near C.R. 26, east of C.R. 21 in Goshen at 10:07 a.m. Sunday.
POLICE NEWS: Elkhart man recovering from gunshot wound
A man who was shot in the 200 block of Elkhart’s Indiana Avenue late Thursday morning has now been identified as Latyris Mitchell, 19, of Elkhart. According to Elkhart police, officers were dispatched to the 20
- More Police News Headlines
- Millersburg man airlifted from crash scene this morning