THE GOSHEN NEWS
A Ligonier woman was critically injured in a crash on C.R. 50, south of Millersburg at 1:22 p.m. Tuesday.
Shannon Barton, 33, Ligonier, was ejected in a one-vehicle crash and sustained life-threatening head injuries Tuesday.
She was transported to Memorial Hospital, where she remains in critical condition, hospital staff said.
Elkhart County police said around 1:22 p.m. Kevin Clark, 36, Kimmell, was driving a 1995 Ford Explorer westbound on C.R. 50 from U.S. 33 when he lost control of the vehicle, which struck a utility pole. Clark and a 3-year-old passenger in the vehicle suffered non-life threatening injuries and were transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital.
Motorists were hurt in automobile crashes this week in Goshen, according to city police:
• A two-vehicle crash injured two people around 1:41 p.m. Monday at Indiana and Wilden avenues.
Goshen police said a 2008 Mercury Mariner driven by Alexander D. Young, 26, South Bend, collided with a 2006 Ford ZX3 driven by Bradly Harbaugh, 23, Elkhart.
Harbaugh suffered abdominal pain as a result of the crash. A passenger in the Mariner, Shayna Bemiller, 29, Wakarusa, suffered hip pain.
• A three-vehicle crash left a Goshen teen injured around 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Goshen police said the collision occurred on River Avenue east of Indiana Avenue.
Kyle Lasley, 18, Goshen, was driving a 1990 Toyota Celica when the vehicle slid off the sleet-covered road. The Toyota collided with a parked 1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula owned by Nicholas Pernokis of River Avenue. The impact caused the Pontiac to spin around and hit a parked 1990 Buick Century Limited owned by Judith Powers of River Avenue.
Police said Lasley suffered minor facial bleeding as a result of the crash.
• A 17-year-old juvenile boy told Goshen police a CD player was stolen from his vehicle at 1724 Dykstra St., Goshen Tuesday night.
• Andrew Jeffries, 315 1/2 S. Seventh St., Goshen, reported to Goshen police that someone gained entry to his apartment by pushing a window and unlocking the door.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Staffers at Clinton Frame Mennonite Church, 63846 C.R. 25, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone drove over an ornamental tree on the church property between 5:30 p.m. Tuesday and 4:30 a.m. Wednesday.