Driver hurt in crash
A 34-year-old woman was airlifted to South Bend Memorial Hospital Friday morning after a one-vehicle crash along Ind. 15.
The collision occurred around 12:48 a.m. Elkhart County police said Billie Jo Star Rippey of Middlebury was driving north on Ind. 15 in a 2007 Dodge Caliber when the vehicle went off the right side of the road, south of C.R. 126.
Police said Rippey over-corrected and the car then went off the left side of the road, striking a tree, utility pole, junction box and mailbox. The pole snapped and wires were down, according to police.
Rippey was unconscious at the scene, police said, and suffered head trauma and internal bleeding. She was airlifted by a Medflight to South Bend. Rippey was in critical condition Friday afternoon, hospital staff said.
The crash remains under investigation by Elkhart County police.
• Benjamin D. Riggs of Goshen told city police someone entered his vehicle while it was parked in the 300 block of South Third Street and stole his debit card and a pair of Apple headphones Thursday.
• A 36-year-old Goshen resident told Goshen police of being cut by a person in the alley on the north side of the First Presbyterian Church, 215 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen around 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Theresa Wentz, 508 S. Seventh St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone vandalized her vehicle while it was parked in front of her residence Wednesday.
• Lulabelle Hartman of Goshen told city police of being a victim of a homeowner fraud sometime Jan. 15.
Driver hurt in crash
- Police News
Middlebury police warn of scam
The Middlebury Police Department has received complaints from local residents of a scam that is being done in the area. Residents receive a call from an individual who identifies himself from Publishers Clearing House. He advises the resident that they have won a luxury car and $800,000 in cash.
Two children found in vacant home
Goshen police were called to a vacant residence in the 400 block of North Fifth Street, Goshen, at 8:07 p.m. Wednesday. Officers found a 4-year-old and 3-month-old alone inside the residence.
POLICE NEWS: May 16, 2013
A Goshen resident in the 1500 block of James Place told Goshen police of waking up and finding an unknown person in their residence.
Goshen woman killed in crash
A two-vehicle crash south of Middlebury Wednesday morning killed a Goshen woman.
Dead is Arellano Eustolia, 40.
Man gets 90 years for child molesting
GOSHEN — A Goshen man was sentenced Thursday to 90 years in prison on Class A felony counts of child molesting.
Police news for May 13
A Goshen teenager was seriously injured Saturday afternoon when a tree branch fell on him.
Police news for May 12
A Goshen man reported the theft of his cats to city police Saturday.
POLICE NEWS: May 11, 2013
Truman Mullett found a rifle in the woods at Bonneyville Mill, 53373 C.R. 131, Middlebury at 7:30 p.m. May 4 and turned it in to Middlebury police, who secured the rifle until Elkhart County police picked it up.
POLICE NEWS: May 10, 2013
Two separate reports of bicycle thefts were recently reported.
Man critical after motorcycle collides with deer
A motorcyclist was critically injured when his vehicle collided with a deer two miles south of Bristol Tuesday.
- More Police News Headlines
- Middlebury police warn of scam