Thefts reported to police
The following thefts were recently reported to local police:
• Mark Clickovich, 29389 C.R. 46, Nappanee, told Elkhart County police someone stole a Borden Waste-Away trash container from his property early Oct. 2.
• Gary Gingerich, manager of Forest River Plant 31, 2780 College Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police that sometime Sunday evening someone cut a hole in the fence surrounding the property and entered a building through an unlocked overhead door. The thief then took a large quantity of scrap wire. Gingerich said the wire was later found outside the building by the fence.
• An employee of Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole several items from the store at approximately 12:17 p.m. Tuesday.
• A Goshen man told city police he saw a male taking items out of the recycle bins located on the Goshen College campus, 1700 S. Main St., at approximately 8:15 p.m. Tuesday.
• A Middlebury woman told Elkhart County police that her 14-year-old son battered her at 9:59 p.m. Monday while at their residence in the 56000 block of Farmington Drive. The juvenile was arrested and incarcerated in the Elkhart County Juvenile Detention Center.
• Ryan J. Hostetler, 29, 43 EMS 18-1 Lane, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police at 3:22 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Greene and Bashor roads on charges of driving while his license privileges were suspended, possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to surrender a suspended license. He was incarcerated in the county jail.
• Johnny M. Lee, 26, 607 N. Main St., Goshen, and Amanda Rodriguez, 35, 607 N. Main St., Goshen, were arrested by Goshen police on charges of possession of marijuana at 2:18 p.m. Monday at their residence.
Thefts reported to police
- Police News
Millersburg man airlifted from crash scene this morning
A 26-year-old Millersburg man was airlifted to Memorial Hospital of South Bend after he was struck by a car early this morning.
Collisions injure several motorists
Several vehicle collisions have been investigated by Goshen-area police agencies in the past few days. These incidents include:
Bristol man hurt in one-vehicle crash
A Bristol man was injured in a one-vehicle crash at 12:26 p.m. Sunday near Bristol
POLICE NEWS: June 16, 2013
Several thefts were reported in the area recently.
POLICE NEWS: June 15, 2013
Rebecca Weirick, 20014 C.R. 21, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a person in a black car had crashed into landscaping on the side of her house with a vehicle and fled the scene at 6:22 p.m.
Several arrested after meth lab found in Shipshewana
LaGrange County police arrested four people Thursday at 6 a.m. at 10650 W. 555 North near Shipshewana. Officers were investigating a shoplifting complaint and the suspect lived at the address.
Man allegedly sets house fire to go back to prison
A Warsaw man is behind bars after allegedly setting his parents residence on fire at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Man jailed for falsely accusing cop of murder
A Kosciusko County man is currently behind bard after falsely accusing a North Webster police officer of committing murder.
POLICE NEWS: Elkhart police blow up possible bomb near Goshen
The Elkhart City bomb squad used a robot to dispose of a possible explosive device near C.R. 26, east of C.R. 21 in Goshen at 10:07 a.m. Sunday.
POLICE NEWS: Elkhart man recovering from gunshot wound
A man who was shot in the 200 block of Elkhart’s Indiana Avenue late Thursday morning has now been identified as Latyris Mitchell, 19, of Elkhart. According to Elkhart police, officers were dispatched to the 20
- More Police News Headlines
- Millersburg man airlifted from crash scene this morning