THE GOSHEN NEWS
Goshen and Elkhart County police received the following reports of thefts and burglaries recently.
• Joseph D. Stewart, 211 E. Jefferson St., Goshen, told Goshen police his bicycle was stolen from his property at 10:20 p.m. Wednesday.
• Jesse Bontrager, Goshen, told Goshen police his backpack was stolen from his unlocked vehicle while it was parked at 914 College Ave., Goshen, at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Lauren Murto, 1216 Wilson Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police several people entered her vehicle without permission sometime Tuesday afternoon. She reported that nothing appeared to be missing from the vehicle.
• Paul Cox, 2910 Saybrook Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his black Yamaha Zuma scooter from his property at 2 p.m. Wednesday.
• Ronald E. Davidhizar, Goshen, told Goshen police one of his rental properties at 513 N. Fifth St., Goshen, was burglarized at 5:57 p.m. Thursday.
• Roberta Woods, 20613 C.R. 8, Bristol, told Elkhart County police a box of her personal checks from a closed account were stolen from her residence sometime between July 27 and Sept. 4.
• Cecilia Baltazar, 55759 Willowbend Blvd., Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone stole a utility trailer from outside her residence on Oct. 31.
• Elkhart County police received a report of a stolen vehicle that had been located in the 18000 block of C.R. 20, Goshen, at 6:58 p.m. Wednesday.
• A representative of Maple City Dispensing was notified by the Elkhart County Work Release Center, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, that 13 inmates were observed on video stealing items from the company’s vending cart between 7:40 and 8:30 p.m. Nov. 23. All identified offenders were transferred to the county jail.
• Two Goshen Middle School students were arrested by Goshen police at 10:30 a.m. Thursday on charges of battery and disorderly conduct.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Rodolfo Romo, 418 Johnston St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone broke out a back window to his residence at approximately 8 a.m. Tuesday.
• Sonja Lancaster, 618 Middlebury St., Goshen, reported to Goshen police someone damaged a black 2012 Dodge Avenger while it was parked at her residence at approximately midnight Tuesday. The paint was reportedly scratched all around the vehicle by a sharp object.
• Goshen police received reports that garages at 112 S. Sixth St. and 111 S. Seventh St., Goshen, were spray-painted with graffiti sometime Monday. A representative of The Goshen News, 114 S. Main St., Goshen, also reported one of the company’s buildings was spray-painted with graffiti around the same time.
• A representative of the Elkhart County Club House, 112 S. Sixth St., Goshen, told Goshen police a fence on the property was damaged sometime Monday.
• Goshen police received a report that the playground slide and pool house at Brookside Manor, 61108 C.R. 17, Goshen, was spray-painted Wednesday evening.
• Donald Woods, 27, was stopped for traffic violations on U.S. 6, near C.R. 13 in Nappanee at 5:15 a.m. Wednesday. Woods was arrested on a charge driving while never having received a driver’s license. He was take to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Anthony L. Johnson, 26, 2801 Toledo Road, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of marijuana in the 2600 block of Ponderosa Court, Goshen. Johnson was stopped for a registration violation. Johnson was incarcerated at the Elkhart County Jail.
• Quentin S. Hines, 23, Elkhart, was arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana near the intersection of C.R. 38 and C.R. 31 after being stopped for a traffic violation at 12:53 a.m. Wednesday. Hines was released with a court date to appear in Goshen City Court.
• Jose E. Delcid-Lopez, 33, 2007 Frances Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 9:27 a.m. Thursday in the 500 block of West Pike Street on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while never having received a license. He was booked into the county jail.
• Barry M. Fredrickson, 27, 214 N. Riverside, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:41 p.m. Thursday at the intersection of Pike Street and Chicago Avenue on a charge of driving a motor vehicle while his driver’s license was suspended. He was booked into the county jail.
• Joshua D. Sharp, 35, Nappanee, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 10:41 p.m. Wednesday on U.S. 20, just east of Ind. 19, Elkhart, on charges of possession of a narcotic drug, possession of methamphetamine, possession of hypodermic needles and driving a motor vehicle while his driver’s license was suspended. A passenger in the vehicle, Ngoc Sharp, 35, Nappanee, was also arrested on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance and possession of a narcotic drug. Both were booked into the county jail.
• Samantha J. Hively, 32, 12288 N. Kern Road, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police at 3:16 a.m. Friday in the 1200 block of East Plymouth Avenue, Goshen, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. She was booked into the county jail.
• Ryan Stahl, 21, Bristol, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 1:50 a.m. Thursday on C.R. 17, just south of C.R. 6, Elkhart, on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and leaving the scene of a property damage accident. He was booked into the county jail.