A STAFF REPORT
THE GOSHEN NEWS
Eli Hernandez, 32, 901 College Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated at 8:12 p.m. Wednesday. Hernandez was reportedly involved in a property damage crash after running off the road and onto private property causing damage to a yard. Hernandez was incarcerated at the Elkhart County Correctional Complex.
Brian Baker, 30, of Goshen, was involved in a single vehicle property damage crash with a utility pole on Ind. 15, south of C.R. 126 in Goshen at 4:40 a.m. Thursday. According to Elkhart County police, Baker failed sobriety tests and arrested on charges of intoxication. The utility pole was broken in half, and phone and power lines were damaged.
• An employee at Dairy Queen, 723 W. Pike St., Goshen, reported to Goshen police Wednesday someone stole money from the business at approximately 5 p.m. Monday.
• Janice Lantz, 2400 College Ave., Goshen told Goshen police someone stole $20 between Monday and Wednesday.
• Michael H. Hoven of Goshen reported to Goshen police Wednesday that money was taken from his wife’s purse while shopping at Kroger, 209 Chicago Ave., Goshen between 5 to 7 p.m. Monday.
• Thomas Reusser, reported to Elkhart County police at approximately 5 p.m. Monday someone stole silver coins on an unknown date and time from 24545 C.R. 45, Elkhart.
• Koby M. Eldridge, 20, of Elkhart, was stopped by Elkhart County police in a vehicle on Fenmore Ave,, east of C.R. 17 in Goshen at 12:56 a.m. Thursday. Eldridge was reportedly found to be in possession of a controlled substance, marijuana and drug paraphernalia. He was incarcerated. A 17-year-old female occupant was cited for possession of tobacco by a minor.
• Cortney M. James, 31, of Goshen, was stopped for traffic violations on C.R. 17, north of C.R. 18 in Elkhart by Elkhart County police at 12:22 a.m. Thursday. James was reportedly found to be in possession of marijuana and incarcerated.