Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department detectives arrested two adults and two juveniles allegedly involved in a daytime home burglary Wednesday.
Police said that Samantha Jo Rash, 18, 9794 Excalibur Place, of Cromwell, and Stephen Dennis Possell, 18, of Syracuse were taken to the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department where they provided information implicating their involvement in a daytime burglary of Possell’s parent’s residence in Syracuse Dec. 14.
According to police, Possell entered into the home, along with Rash and two other male juveniles, and stole various items including an Apple I Pad, a television, Blue Ray recorder and an I Pod. Possell pawned the items in Fort Wayne and was visually recorded during his transaction, according to the report. Possell and Rash are preliminarily being charged on felony burglary and felony theft according to the Kosciusko County Prosecutor’s Office.
• One person was injured in a two-vehicle crash at 3:46 p.m. Tuesday.
According to Elkhart County police, Charles Jones, 64, of Elkhart was driving a 2007 Toyota Yaris north on C.R. 17, south of C.R. 28 and preparing to turn west on C.R. 28. Charles Peterson, 28, of Bristol, was traveling south on C.R. 17, north of C.R. 28, when Jones turned in front of Peterson, who was driving a 2009 Toyota Corolla, the report stated.
Peterson was taken to Elkhart General Hospital for complaints of pain to the chest and ribs. Jones was cited for failure to yield the right of way.
• Goshen police officers were called to Martin’s Super Market, 1527 Bashor Road, Goshen, for two juvenile shoplifters at approximately 6:17 p.m. Tuesday. The two juveniles were cited and released to their families.
• Sheila Bouck, 210 Tanglewood Drive, Goshen, reported to Goshen police someone stole the spare tire cover from her vehicle while the vehicle was parked at the Goshen Middle School, 1216 S. Indiana Ave., Goshen, at approximately 7:15 p.m. Tuesday.
• Tyffanie Fervida of Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole her wallet while she was in the play area at McDonalds, 2001 Lincolnway East, Goshen, at approximately 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Identify theft/fraud reports
• Noah Beach of Goshen, reported to Elkhart County police someone placed fraudulent charges on his debit card account between Nov. 14 and Dec. 1.
• Andrea Statler of Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone placed an unauthorized usage on her debit card on Dec. 6.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Officers with the Elkhart County Community Correctional facility, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, reported inmate Johny Irving, 20, shattered a glass pane in a ward located inside the facility at 3:10 p.m. Monday. Irving was transported to the Elkhart County jail by Community Corrections officers.
• Cesar Segundo, 22, 123 Pine Drive, Middlebury, was arrested by Goshen police at Logan and Monroe Streets in Goshen on no operators license ever obtained at 1:02 p.m. Tuesday during a traffic stop. Segundo is being investigated for using another person’s information for employment. Segundo was taken to Elkhart County Jail.
• Alan Stamper, 26, 2932 Elkhart Road Apt. 412, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on driving while suspended (prior) after being stopped in the 4000 block of Elkhart Road for driving with no headlights at 12:11 a.m. Wednesday. Stamper was released on a memorandum to appear.