A STAFF REPORT
THE GOSHEN NEWS
An attempted burglary at Forest River Plant 10C, 66135 Ind. 13, Millersburg, occurred at 11:17 p.m. Tuesday, according to Elkhart County police. Someone covered security cameras and unpackaged refrigerators at the plant. Nothing was stolen from the plant. At 6:35 a.m. Wednesday, Michael Yoder reported the incident to police.
• Jessica Beachy of Goshen told Goshen police someone stole a wooden cross that had been placed at Chicago and Indiana Ave. at approximately 5:30 p.m. Nov. 28.
• The store manager of Dollar General, 1207 Chicago Ave., Goshen reported the theft of merchandise to Goshen police at 2:49 p.m. Tuesday.
• Angie Miller of Goshen told Goshen police someone stole her daughter’s cell phone at Kohl’s Department Store, 3802 Midway Road, Goshen at 6:36 p.m. Tuesday.
• Veronica L. Shank, 40, Michigan St., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police Tuesday at 6:37 p.m. on shoplifting and contributing to the deliquency of a minor at Kohl’s Department Store, 3802 Midway Road, Goshen. A 14-year-old was also arrested on shoplifting for the same incident at Kohl’s.
• Gretchen Gonzalez of Millersburg reported to Goshen police someone unlawfully entered her vehicle while parked at her place of employment in Goshen and stole her purse and its contents at approximately 8:08 p.m. Tuesday.
• Duane Farnsworth reported to Elkhart County police someone stole items from his unlocked vehicle in the parking lot of the Marathon Gas Station, 50980 Ind. 13, Middlebury at approximately 3:32 a.m. Monday.
• Monica Kegerreis of Goshen told Elkhart County police someone made unauthorized charges using her debit card between Nov. 30 and Monday at approximately 2:28 p.m.
• Chad M. Cook, 34, 4029 Tyler Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police for leaving the scene of an accident in the 2100 block of Rieth Blvd., Goshen, at 10:03 p.m. Tuesday. During the investigation, Cook was reportedly found to be intoxicated and arrested on operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Cook was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Brittny Burnett, 25, 810 Vistula St., Bristol, was arrested on a charge of driving while suspended-prior after she was stopped for an equipment violation at Main Street and Kercher Road around 12:53 a.m. Monday, according to Goshen police.
• Jose Gomez, 29, 805 W. Concord Ave., Elkhart, was arrested on a charge of driving while suspended-prior, as well as an Elkhart Police Department warrant, after he was stopped for a traffic violation at College Avenue and Dierdorff Road around 12:52 a.m. Monday, according to Goshen police.
• A Goshen male reported to Goshen police that he was battered in the 400 block of East Plymouth Ave., Goshen at approximately 9:35 p.m. Tuesday.
• Wanda Miller, 42, 10517 W. 1100 North, Nappanee, was arrested around 2:50 a.m. Sunday on a felony count of operating a vehicle while intoxicated after the Honda Accord she was driving was stopped on U.S. 20, west of C.R. 29, after a Middlebury police officer saw the car cross the line several times, according to a Middlebury police.
Miller has a prior conviction for operating while intoxicated, and she was jailed.
• Jennifer L. Thomas, 40, was arrested on a charge of public intoxication by Elkhart County police Sunday on Main Street, north of C.R. 46 in New Paris at 4:03 a.m. after reportedly being found in the passenger seat of a vehicle that did not belong to her. Police said Thomas entered the vehicle without permission and refused to exit the vehicle until an officer arrived.
• An employee of the Goshen Community Schools reported graffiti on a fence at 913 Tramore Circle, Goshen to Goshen police at approximately noon Tuesday.